3rd Himachal Pradesh Science Congress 22nd-23rd October.
Jointly Organized by HIMCOSTE and IIT Mandi
Pre-Congress Tutorials on 21st October
The theme of the 3rd Himachal Pradesh Science Congress is “Rural Upliftment Through Science & Technology Interventions”. This event aims to provide a platform to all those working on rural innovations and to discuss recent progress and future trends in technologies/ products relevant for rural transformation. The Congress will feature popular lectures on contemporary issues by eminent scientists, paper presentations by researchers, and exhibition of various rural technologies by way of a Science Fair.
Pre-Congress Tutorials on various emerging topics of relevance to the Himalayan Region will be conducted by experts from IIT Mandi, industry and other universities on 21st October
- 1. Identification of critical problems faced by people in rural areas
- 2. Exploring potential solutions
- 3. Exploring potential solutions
- 4. Providing a platform for exploring ideas
- 5. Exposure to young minds
- 6. Showcasing of technologies, products and designs
- 7. Mentoring and Networking
- 8. Talks by speakers, panelists and experts
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
The speaker was awarded the Infosys Prize 2017 in Computer Science. She will deliver the Infosys Prize Lecture "On the Interface between Computer Science and Biology" during HP Science Congress on 22nd October.