IIT Mandi Catalyst
Idea Exploration Program:
Idea Exploration program is a pre-incubation program for ideas that may be admitted to incubation process at IIT Mandi Catalyst. The objective of exploration program is to help the participants refine their business idea, validate their product design (if relevant) and test for market potential. It is a strict 3 month long program where in participants work with mentors and utilize physical/financial support with an aim of making it to the incubation process at IIT Mandi Catalyst.
- Who can apply?
- Member(s) of IIT Mandi community are eligible to apply for exploration phase. IIT Mandi community for this purpose includes students, alumni, faculty, and staff members.
- Non-IIT Mandi community applicants must team up with IIT community members to be able to apply.
- When and How can you apply?
- Applications are open throughout the year. However, admission to exploration phase is done in the months of Jan, April, July and Oct.
- Write an email to email@example.com and explain your business idea briefly.
- What is the selection process for exploration phase:
- Initial pitch by applicants
- Multiple discussion rounds to evaluate and establish novelty and workability of idea.
- What are teams expected to do in Exploration Phase [3 months]
- Team is expected to set monthly goals in consultation with Catalyst.
- Team explores various facets of business idea. It may result in identifying better ideas, changing/improving existing idea etc.
- Team showcases their commitment and establish novelty, business potential and market for their idea.
- What support is available?
- Support in this phase may include
- Office space, limited infrastructural and financial support
- How are the team evaluated after exploration phase?
- At the end of three months, teams will be evaluated on following criteria:
- Working model/prototype/business model
- Internal validation by Catalyst Team
- External validation by Industry Experts