IIT Mandi Catalyst
The Incubation program supports startups whose ideas are at a much advance stage compared to teams that are admitted to exploration program. Through this program, teams are expected to further improve and finalize the product/service and commercialize. Teams are expected start commercial operations during this stage by engaging with paying customers. The duration of the program ranges from 12-18 months or more if necessary.
1. Who can apply?
- Start up teams that successfully complete exploration program
2.What is the selection process for incubation phase?
- a. Initial pitch by applicants to a panel of experts
- b. Multiple discussion rounds to demonstrate capability for business viability and growth
- a. Improve on the prototype and transition it into a final product.
- b. Market the product
- a. Mentorship.
- b. Access to professional networks of IIT Mandi and supporting organizations.
- c. Access to office space.
- d. Intellectual Property and related advice
- e. Legal advice
- f. Total financial support worth 5 Lacs to 15 Lacs [but not limited to this].
- An evaluation committee periodically gauges the progress of the teams against their pre-defined goals.