Campus & Facilities (Click here)
Faculty Information Brochure (Under preparation)
- For candidates joining the Institute from abroad a relocation allowance of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rs. One lakh only) is admissible for self and family on production of tickets for travel shortest route by Air India economy class subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years.
- For candidates joining the Institute within India a relocation allowance of Rs. 50,000/- (Rs. Fifty thousand only) is admissible for self and family on production of tickets for travel by shortest route by Indian Airlines economy class / road / train subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years.
- A Startup Grant of up to Rs.5 lakhs for carrying out a research project of 3 years duration, based on a research proposal. A joint proposal from 2 faculty members is eligible for up to Rs.15 lakhs. Can be enhanced up to Rs.20 lakhs for Experimental Research.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs.3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies, contingent expenses, etc.
- Additional research grant from respective School will also be available.
- No limit on the attendance at International Conferences without Institute financial assistance.
- Accommodation: On arrival may stay in Guest House up to one week free and allotment of single bedroom quarters on spot allotment basis subject to availability.
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions.
- Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation period for carrying out scientific research work.
- Facilities for Research and Development activities are being established in all areas. Faculty can define the choice of facilities. Good library and computing facilities are available and are being constantly enhanced.
- Employment Opportunities: There are several employment opportunities for the spouses of the Faculty and staff in and around IIT Mandi.
- Education: A highly involved School is located within the campus, and there are few choices of schools affiliated to different boards and subscribing to different educational philosophies outside the campus.
Faculty Discussion Board/Forum
- Welcome to the faculty forum, a place for open discussion to enhance our teaching, research and management. Also, the forum is open for discussion on other general topics of common interest to the faculty.
- Please participate in the discussions and enjoy contributing. (Click here to login).
Faculty & Staff Club
- To periodically organize social get-togethers and other activities. Facilities under Recreation Center with some sports/cafeteria is functional since Oct. 2016.
- Contact Dr. Shyam Kumar Masakapalli, Chair, Faculty & Staff Club (email@example.com, +91-1905-267147 ) for more information.