ADVISORY/PREVENTIVE MEASURES AGAINST SPREAD OF NOVEL CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) ON IIT MANDI CAMPUSThis webpage provides information about advisory/preventive measures against spread of Novel Corona virus (COVID-19) on IIT Mandi campus.
All Faculty, Staff, Research Scholars, Students and other Campus residents need not to be panic and take care to minimize the spread of Novel Corona virus (COVID-19). Social distancing and good hygiene are the vital keys to contain its spread. There have bean no confirmed Novel Corona virus (COVID-19) cases on campus, as of now.
Corona virus Symptoms:
• Sore Throat
• Running Nose
• Dry Cough
If you have the above symptoms, please contact your nearest medical centre or hospital. If on campus, please immediately wear a mask and contact the Health Centre at North Campus or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The campus Medical Officer, Dr. Chander Singh, is the only person authorized to issue a fitness certificate for the Faculty / Staff / Students and other Campus residents returning to campus from official tour/conference visit/hometown visit etc.
1. GENERAL GUIDELINES:
If you have returned from outside the Himachal Pradesh, Quarantine is mandatory before you enter campus premises. This applies both to International and National travel.
• Link to MOHFW guidelines for home quarantine:https://www.mohfw.gov.in/Guidelinesforhomequarantine.pdf
• If you have travelled outside of Himachal Pradesh and returning to campus, it is mandatory that you undergo a period of self-quarantine. You must inform the Medical Officer at Health Center by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com.
• Please self-quarantine at your residence or place of stay for 15 days if you have travelled outside of Himachal Pradesh.
• If, after your quarantine period, you are not showing any symptoms of Corona virus disease (COVID-19) please contact the Medical Officer for an appointment. You may only enter the campus after getting clearance from Medical Officer.
• Students, research scholars and project staff who are outside Himachal Pradesh are not permitted to enter the Campus.
2. INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE ENTERING QUARANTINE ON CAMPUS
• If asymptomatic, you are quarantined in B-26 building at North Campus before entering the campus immediately after returning from travel outside the Himachal Pradesh. Other campus residents/visitors coming from within India except Maharashtra and Kerala (where many cases have been detected as of now) in the hostel for students, at home for staff and faculty.
• If you show (or develop during the quarantine period) any symptoms such as cough, fever, breathlessness (which are characteristic of infection by this virus), you should inform or report to the hospital immediately.
• The hospital will isolate the patient and based on a preliminary assessment and (if needed) a discussion with the MOH at zonal Hospital (or district surveillance officer) decide whether to send the patient for further tests or for next line of action.
B-26 building, North Campus has been designated as quarantine facility at the Institute. The goal of quarantine is to isolate you until it is clear that you were not infected with Novel Corona virus (COVID-19) during your travel, or due to close contact with someone who travelled recently. We suggest that you mentally prepare for quarantine.
Allocation of Rooms in B-26 building Floor wise:
(a) Ground floor — earmarked for females
(b) First Floor — First & Second Block earmarked for Boys. Third Block -faculty/staff
(c) Second Floor - First & Second Block earmarked for Boys/faculty/staff, 3rd Block - faculty/staff
Timing of Information cum screening counter: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM every day. For personnel reaching Campus on odd hours, Coordinator /Duty Security Guard of B-26 will intimate Health Centre on Emergency mobile no. 9816661854.
Remember that the social isolation necessary during quarantine will likely incur a degree of anxiety, although we will try our best to make you comfortable. Treat the staff at the quarantine centre with due courtesy and respect; they are after all risking their lives while performing their duties. Be patient, the systems are still being set up.3. CAMPUS ENTRY IS RESTRICTED AS PER THESE RULES:
Campus Entry Rules:
• Visitors are allowed to enter campus only if it is absolutely necessary as shown by a written letter by one of the Chair (Schools) / Centre Heads or Section Heads of the institute.
• Visitors entering the campus will be scanned for symptoms at the Health Centre, North Campus, IIT Mandi.
• If a higher than normal temperature is detected, the process to be followed is as below:
(a) All persons with an IIT Mandi identity card must directly visit the Health Centre and seek advice.
(b) All other persons (e.g. visitors, vendors, etc) with symptoms mentioned above will not be allowed to enter the campus
• All visitors must wash their hands with soap or use alcohol based sanitizer when they enter in the campus.
• Institute staff may enter but they must wash their hands at the nearest wash basin on campus soon after entering.
• Please cooperate witfi security and staff on campus, they are following instructions to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
• All campus members visiting campus are requested to keep a close check on their own health.
• Avoid eating outside, unnecessary travel and going into crowded places.
• Limit social interaction as much as possible
• If you feel like you have been in contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of Corona virus disease (COVID-19) please contact the nearest medical center/hospital, and follow their instructions. Do not travel or visit anyone without receiving medical clearance.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CAMPUS RESIDENTS:
• While on campus, please try to maintain social distance. The ideal distance is 1 meter.
• Avoid large group meetings.
• keep your hands washed on frequent basis during a work day and keep your work surfaces clean and sanitized.
• Keep daily use items clean. These include backpacks, shoes, laptops, cellphones, headphones, watch etc.
• Drinking water point instructions:
- • Before you refill the water bottle please wash your hands and your bottle thoroughly
- • Place the water bottle away from the drinking water outlet for refill. Do NOT touch the mouth of the bottle to the outlet of drinking water.
- • While drinking water directly from the fountain, place your mouth away from the fountain
- • Elbow can be used to operate the water outlet wherever it is possible.
- • Please help and correct if you find anyone around you who does not know how to use it correctly.
We are required to set up a quarantine space on campus. Based on the space required and proximity to the Health Centre, North Campus has been identified as the best location.4. CAMPUS MEASURES CURRENTLY IN SPORTS COMPLEX
Sports Complex is completely closed. No gym, changing room, showers or restroom facilities are available. Do not enter. Consider allowing non-contact individual sports - Badminton, Table Tennis etc. This will help to maintain good health & fight infection.
5. WHAT TO DO iF HOUSEMATES / FAMILY AT HOME RETURN FROM OUTSIDE THE STATE
What to do if family members return home from outside Himachal Pradesh?
Family members travelling outside Himachal Pradesh should self-quarantine as per quarantine guidelines (link to item 1) to avoid possible community spread of disease.
6. FAQs ABOUT SELF QUARANTINE:
If I have travelled within the Himachal Pradesh, can I come to the campus?
Yes, but please monitor yourself, and limit interactions with people. You will enter the campus subject to pre-check up by Medical Officer at Health Centre. If any of above symptoms are detected, the course of action will be as indicated in item 2.
What is self quarantine?
Self quarantine is when an individual limits social interaction and stays at a secluded place, such as their home, for a period of time to minimize the risk of transmitting the novel corona virus. Inform the medical centre before taking this step.
How long do I have to be under self-quarantine?
Self-quarantine will be 15 days for those who have travelled internationally or within the country, or come in contact with someone who has travelled under these circumstances.
Do I have to self-quarantine if I visited by people from out of town?
Yes, if they have travelled outside of Mandi District. Please follow the self-quarantine advisory before returning to campus. Inform the health centre before taking this step.
How long should I self-quarantine if I feel normal/fine?
Please self-quarantine for:
(i) 15 days for travel internationally or within India
(ii) Make an appointment with the campus health centre to be cleared before resuming work on campus.
7. ANTI-FAQ: WHAT NOT TO DO
- If you are in the quarantine period, do NOT come to campus 'just to pick up some stuff'
- If you have to return from travel, do NOT simply postpone your travel for 15 days and then land up right away. The time for quarantine starts from the time of your return to Kamand, Mandi.
- If you have a friend who is returning from outside the city, do NOT hole them up in your hostel room. This is serious violation. This will potentially bring infection onto the campus.
- Do NOT land up on campus asking for a quarantine room. If you’re off campus and in quarantine time, STAY off campus. We are trying to minimize spread.
- If you are expecting a courier delivery, do NOT ask them to come onto campus. The items should be picked up from the designated places.
- Do NOT encourage any off-campus visitors.
- If you're in quarantine, do NOT meet people except by videoconf. Even if off campus. Don’t promote community spread of the disease.
- Do NOT come to the campus health centre during your quarantine period. Contact the Medical Officer or email at dr.chandersinph@iitmandI.ac.in. Don’t overwhelm them, this is a very busy time.
8. WORLD HEALTH ORGANSATION §WHO TRAVEL ADVISE FOR ALL CAMPS RESIDENTS / FACULTY / STAFF / STUDENTS:
Please visit the link for travel advise by WHO:https://www.who.int/ith/en/
9. DoPTs OFFICE MEMORANDUM NO. ‘11013/9/2014-Estt.A.III dated 17th MARCH 2020 MAY ALSO BE REFERRED IN THIS CONTEXT.
1O.IN CASE OFANY CLARIFICATION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT AT THE DETAILS MENTIONED BELOW:
A. FOR MEDICAL QUERY:
Dr. Chander Singh, Medical Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone no.: 01905-267238, Mobile no. 09816661854
B. FOR GENERAL QUERY:
Sh. K.K. Bajre, Registar
Email: email@example.com Phone no.: 01905-267015
These are general guidelines; specific communication will be intimated in this regard, from time to time.
Guidelines and protocol to tackle the spread of Covid-19 (18th May, 2020)
Aarogya Setu App-to fight against Covid-19 (3rd April, 2020)
Recommendations for online teaching (27th March, 2020)
Office memorandum for all teaching and non-teaching employees (25/3/2020)
Care for mental wellness against COVID-19 (25/3/2020)
Government of India Helpline against COVID-19
Communication among Designated Authorities / Special Task Force Committee of the Institute to prevent spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) at Institute campus(Click Here)
Various ICT initiatives of MHRD